Ruscon News

Partnership of Green Alliance and Evergreen set-up

15 March 2012

    Together they will provide eight loops out of North Europe (Green Alliance/5 and Evergreen/3) and four out of the Mediterranean (3 and 1), respectively, initially using ships ranging between 5,400 TEU and 11,000 TEU (to grow to an upper limit of 13,100 TEU).

    The North Europe services will be operated by 76 ships with a total capacity of 690,000 TEU, which is an average 9,100 TEU per vessel. 65% of the overall capacity will come from forty-seven units of 9,600 TEU, to be provided by the four Green Alliance partners.The remaining 35% (29 ships/8,300 TEU) will be deployed by Evergreen and its vessel operating partners China Shipping (7 ships) and ZIM (3).

    For the Med-Asia package, the Green Alliance is to deploy 26 ships, average 6,400 TEU, total 165,000 TEU, while the single Evergreen service (actually a pendulum) is operated by fourteen 5,400 TEU units.

    Besides some minor changes to their existing North Europe-Far East connections, the combined portfolio includes two resurrected seasonally-suspended loops, the Green Alliance’s NE4 and Evergreen’s CES2 (operated together with China Shipping and ZIM). These two will have the following rotations:

    - NE4 - Green Alliance - Ningbo, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Rotterdam, Hamburg, Antwerp, Singapore, Shenzhen (Yantian), Kaohsiung and back to Ningbo

    - CES2 - China Shipping, Evergreen, ZIM - Hamburg, Rotterdam, Antwerp, Qingdao, Shanghai, Ningbo, Xiamen, Shenzhen (Yantian), Port Tanjung Pelepas, Port Kelang and back to Antwerp

    Despite an overhaul of the Green Alliance’s Mediterranean-Far East network, apart from the deletion of Algeciras, overall coverage will remain largely unchanged. In contrast, Evergreen’s USWC-Far East-Mediterranean UAM pendulum, of which only the Mediterranean-Far East leg is part of the agreement, will no longer connect to the West Med, but divert to the Adriatic ports of Koper, Rijeka and Trieste. Until early 2009, the latter outlets were directly served by Evergreen’s cancelled Adriatic Service (ADR) and then replaced by a feeder connection.

    The upgraded, combined portfolio reads:

    - MD1 - Piraeus, La Spezia, Genoa, Barcelona, Valencia, Piraeus, Singapore, Hong Kong, Qingdao, Shanghai, Ningbo, Shenzhen (Yantian), Hong Kong, Shenzhen (Shekou), Singapore and back to Piraeus

    - MD2 - Port Said, Ashdod, Genoa, Barcelona, Marseilles, Port Said, Singapore, Hong Kong, Ningbo, Shanghai, Xiamen, Kaohsiung, Hong Kong, Shenzhen (Yantian), Singapore and Port Said again

    - MD3 - Port Said, Naples, La Spezia, Leghorn, Port Said, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh, Hong Kong, Shenzhen (Yantian), Busan, Shanghai, Ningbo, Hong Kong, Shenzhen (Yantian), Singapore and once again Port Said

    - UAM - Ashdod, Alexandria, Taranto, Koper, Rijeka, Trieste, Taranto, Colombo, Port Tanjung Pelepas, Kaohsiung, Hong Kong, Shenzhen (Yantian), Shanghai, Ningbo, Tacoma, Vancouver, Tokyo, Osaka, Busan, Qingdao, Shanghai, Ningbo, Kaohsiung, Hong Kong, Shenzhen (Yantian), Port Tanjung Pelepas, Colombo, back to Ashdod

Back to news list
© 1997 - 2024 «Ruscon» — container transport Privacy policy Supported by